Sunday, February 15, 2009

Let' Get Naked for Christ - Part 3 - Back to Eden

When I left the last blog on this subject, I was thinking about the end result for God's Christ plan....to get us back to Eden. It is interesting to note that archeologists are looking for the garden, hoping to prove/disprove it existed. Some suspect it is somewhere in Africa. What do I think? For the purpose of this discussion, let's just say Eden was where God was.

Genesis tells a sweet story about man's initial relationship with God. There were no distractions, no sin. All Adam had to do was name stuff! He and Eve were in the best place they could be....communion with God. Talk about intimacy!

I will not try to dive into the whole fall of man story, but I want to highlight a couple things that speak about transparency. The first is the tree of knowledge of good and evil. Until then, all Adam and his boo knew were each other, God and his wonderful creations. They were naive in the best way.

Again, not trying to go real deep just yet, but the fruit on this tree gave them awareness. It is way to interesting to me that after they ate the fruit, the first thing they realized was that they were naked. Was this a bad thing? God's Word tells me that God looked at his creation and said it was good. David, with is jacked up life (yes I said that, and I will explain in another post. Gotta keep you coming back...lol), said that we are fearfully and wonderfully made.

So why would they cover up? A deeper question is why would God not want us to have this kind of awareness? They covered up because of their perception of themselves.

Gotta go....more to come.

No comments: