Thursday, December 30, 2010

Gilgal - Mark This Spot

"And the people came up out of Jordan on the tenth day of the first month, and encamped in Gilgal, in the east border of Jericho. And those twelve stones, which they took out of Jordan, did Joshua pitch in Gilgal. And he spake unto the children of Israel, saying, When your children shall ask their fathers in time to come, saying, What mean these stones? Then ye shall let your children know, saying, Israel came over this Jordan on dry land. For the LORD your God dried up the waters of Jordan from before you, until ye were passed over, as the LORD your God did to the Red sea, which he dried up from before us, until we were gone over: That all the people of the earth might know the hand of the LORD, that it is mighty: that ye might fear the LORD your God for ever." Joshua 4 19:24

There are some scriptures in the bible that stick out in my mind, but are seldom preached. The story of Gilgal is one. It's just interesting to me...that God would pick this spot to have Israel to set up a monument. They were literally just out of slavery, just past the miraculous red sea experience, yet they had not yet gotten to the great land that He had promised. I hear your heart. "God, I don't wanna seem ungrateful...you've done so much for me, but I know you still have more for me. I know this is not it." God told that to mark it, and later in scripture we find this same spot mentioned.

We have been through SO much...like Israel. I hear God saying "mark this spot" in your life. I'm not talking about living in the past, and I definately don't wanna stay in this spot. But, your experience...my experience is important. We have to be careful not to throw it away or let it be lost in the sea of forgetfulness. God is saying...remember this moment. Remember this spot. From here you can see the bondage you WERE in, but you can also see where God has brought you from. You have not yet reached God's divine promises for your life. But He has just given you a glimpse. You just experienced deliverance that you KNOW only God could have brought. As James Fortune said...God's getting ready to do an Encore performance in your life.

God I pray for all those that stand right in the middle (as Smokie Norful sang). God you have brought us out of bondage, but we have not yet gotten to where we know you intend for us to be. So God we ask that you would help us to remember this moment. We pause to say thank you God. We are not discontent, but we are not satisfied...cause we know that you have more for us. We thank you for NOW...as we prepare to walk into our WHEN. I pray total deliverance on each person reading this. I pray total release from the slavery they have been in. I pray abundance...of peace...of joy...of divine love in each of their lives. God let this new year not just be another hyped up sermon that we forget by February. Let us not resolve, and then let our dreams dissolve. God I pray this year it will stick. That we will cling to your promises, and not let go.

It is so.

No comments: