Sunday, August 9, 2009

Why Me?

I have talked to so many people that are in some uncomfortable situations, to say the least. People that are losing homes...losing vehicles...jobs...their wife...a husband....dead loved ones...the list is REAL long these days. You don't have to go far to find someone who is going thru something.

There is something that I have found in common, for many of the people I have talked to. WE all wanna know "why me?" Yeah, the bible tells us that the steps of a good man are ordered, we know about Job and his suffering, King David and the psalm he lived...and of course Christ. But Why me? Why did God decide this is what Ben Coleman Jr. has to go through. Here are a few (but not all) of the answers:

1. Cause God said so. I could really stop there for the most mature christians, because we know God is sovereign...He can do whatever He wants to. But, we are not all there yet...lol. Someone just reminded me of God's message through Moses to the Pharoah....I am that I am. Nuff said!

2. Because you can handle it. So many are falling under huge amounts of pressure. I don't have to list the stuff again..you know what your pressure is. It's something different for each of us, but we all have something. So why do I have to go through this....because I can. Let me explain, Hezekiah Walker said once...summarizing Job...if you got it, you can handle it. Many would not have gotten this far under your load. Many would have been crushed. But you are still here. A friend of mine keeps telling me...Ben, I don't know how you handle it....simple...God.

3. God is teaching you. David realized it was a good thing for him to go thru so much. That was how David learned about God, and God's way of doing things. Not a life of rosey bliss, but of diving steps....some good and some bad...to perfect him, and get him to a point of ministry. That's why God picked you, because you will go back and minister to others. Someone share Ps126 with me and it changed my outlook. God allows me to cry tears, to nourish this seed He has given me to plant. As I walk the crop rows of life, I am dropping seeds and shedding tears. Glory to God!!!!

4. People are watching you. Again, I have to refer to David. I tell people that I'm glad David wrote down all the good AND the bad he went through. I can read it, and get strength from his struggle. My God!!!!!!! What a blessing it has been in my struggle to meet people like you that have said, Ben I know how you feel. I'm going through something myself. I tell people to take good notes...endure hardness as a good soldier. Somebody that thinks they CANT will look at you and say yes I can!

We somehow think that when bad stuff happens...especially when it is one bad thing after another...that there is a problem....we have messed up. No!!!!!!! It's part of God's plan....not for everyone...God will confirm your situation. David said it was good that I was afflicted. Paul said I have some ups and I have some downs...but I learned to be content either way.

Be encouraged, my co-warrior. God has you in this place for a reason.

No comments: