Thursday, February 3, 2011

Still Searching for Peace

Friends,

I am listening to internet radio, and the song just came on "Peace Be Still." It scared me a bit, because I was at a point where I needed peace. The first line of the song is "Master, the tempest is raging." Jesus was on the boat with his disciples and was asleep while the storm was tossing them about. They panicked and woke him. They asked him "Master, careth not that we parish?" All he had to do was say "Peace be still" and the storm was gone. Inside, I know he knew they were capable of either handling it or speaking to it themselves. We will never know, because he intervened.

Are you like me, and bothering the Master to handle something that he has empowered you to do. I don't know, maybe you should let him nap and stir up the gift that is within you. Jesus does not need the rest, but you need the practice. Or, maybe he knows you are in the storm and is just waiting for you to come and get Him. I cannot answer these questions for your situation, because all storms are different.

May this day be a day of peace in the midst of your storm, and may God help you to know how to handle it.

No comments: