Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Ants - Are you Drawing Any?

Talk about transparent....folks...the ants are back in the house. Now, for the spiritual folks...stick with me....I'm goin somewhere. It is funny to me now, but the last time was not so funny. We started seeing ants in the kitchen. What we found out was my 3 boys had dropped food in corners we did not know we had.

What you are you saying, Ben. Where is God in this. I am glad you asked. In my quest to get rid of these aggrevating critters, I learn about their behaviours....and National Geographic special, right in my home. Ants are one of the most consistent critters. I want to hit on some significant things I learned about them.

They are consistent.....You could pretty much draw a line where the ants travel. Even though they can't see it, they follow the same path. To get to the source, you have to follow the path they have taken. This is a critical thing, we often miss in ministering to others.

They are resilient (I hope that spelling is right). I tried all kinds of bug killers on those critters, and they just kept coming back. This is the amazing thing about people. Sometimes, even the worst of things does not stop us from going after what we THINK is good for us. (maybe that will be another blog)

They seek after one thing....food. When my 5 year old announced to me that there were ants in the den, this time, I said something to him. That means there is food somewhere. Only someone with small children can understand this part. Kids are not clean....lol...But my point is the line that ants follow goes from point A to point B. A, being their origin...B, being the food source. Like I said....draw a line. Ants do not just wonder around through their lives. They are always in search of food...as are God's children. Now, I need to clarify something here. Who are God's children? Sinners, and saints (who are just sinners saved by Grace). We are all looking for something to eat, and are drawn to eat. Are you drawing them?

No, I am not saying God's children are aggrevating little critters...lol...I am saying that to draw them, we must know them....know their habits. How do we learn them? I think this is one way, that we sometimes miss God speaking...his Creation. The same laws that apply for these ants, are duplicated in us....just at differing levels. The distinct difference is we have choice.

If you have accepted Christ, you have 3 choices to make today. One, choose to get to know his people, before you begin to judge them. Two, choose to be more than you are right now...choose to press toward the mark, and not be content with where you are. Three, choose to live in such a way that your light....your food source draws God's people. People ought to be so overwhelmed with the Christ they see in you, that they will let nothing keep them away. Coming off Easter, christians love to pick on the people that only come once a year. I want to give you something to ponder.....what do we do to draw them?

If you have not accepted Christ, you have one choice to make today. Choose to move towards the greatest food source. Choose to drink from a fountain of living waters, that will never run dry. Choose to make Jesus your source.

No comments: